Portland Disposal will provide one 60 gallon blue Portland Recycles! roll cart for mixed recycling and one yellow bin for glass for our residential customers with regular garbage service. You can roll your cart to the curb by 6 am on any collection day when it is comfortably full for you. You do not have to take it out every week if it is not full. Place your yellow bin for glass at the curb next to your blue cart.
If you do not need garbage collection, you may still sign up for weekly collection of recyclable materials only. Please call our office at (503)281-8736 so we can answer any questions you may have and to establish the service level that is right for you.
A complete list of acceptable items and instructions on how to prepare your recyclables is available at www.portlandcomposts.com.
- Containers with a neck or screw-on lid (6oz. or larger)
- Margarine or yogurt type tubs (6oz. or larger)
- Rigid plant pots (4 inches or larger)
- Buckets (5 gallons or smaller)
NO: plastic lids, plastic bags, deli food containers, Blisterpak, styrofoam, plastic bottles that have come in contact with motor oil, pesticides, or herbicides
- Phone Books
- Cardboard - Flatten Be sure cardboard falls loosely from cart. It may be necessary to cut large pieces.
- Office Paper
- Junk Mail
- Milk Cartons & Aseptic boxes
- Various misc. paper (cereal boxes, egg cartons, wrapping paper & greeting cards without foil)
- Shredded paper- MUST be in a paper bag (so it does not blow away when dumped from cart)
NO: Freezer food cartons, coffee cups, food contaminated material, paper towels or tissues
- Tin and steel food cans (no need to flatten or remove labels)
- Aluminum foil free of food
- Empty dry metal paint cans
- Empty aerosol cans
- Scrap metal (smaller than 30" by 8" and not heavier than 30 lbs.)
- If you include small items (lids, hardware, etc.), place them in a tin can and close the ends to trap items inside
Glass Bottles & Jars
- We provide one yellow bin for your glass. Place glass loosely in bin. (Do not bag)
- DO NOT put glass in your blue cart.
NO: light bulbs, drinking glasses, flower vases, broken glass, lids
- Put in a clear plastic bottle with a screw-on lid. Leave it beside your blue cart. (gallon milk jugs work best)